Donate

We hit our mark!

Last week we found out that the Horvaths had financed a set of hearing aids for Sydney. This was something that we were trying to prevent because we know that no one needs another bill in this economic time. In addition to that news, we also found out that the need increased to $3,600 because the hearing aids were much more expensive that originally anticipated. Things were looking pretty glim. We had already raised close to $1800 dollars, but an additional $1800 seemed impossible before Christmas.

We put the word out, and a few people stepped up, and I am happy to report that we were able to put together the additional money through the very generous gift of a few anonymous givers. I can't even begin to tell you how elated and just dumbfounded at God's provision. When we thought all hope was lost, HE came through by moving a few people to give what they could.

And that is really what this season is all about isn't it? God's provision for his people to do good things on this Earth? I hope that through this giving opportunity you have been as blessed as we have. I hope that the good will that something like this brings spreads like wild fire this season. And I hope you will be blessed as you have been a blessing. Merry Christmas!

Sincerely,

James Conlin

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Wow! God is amazing!!!!

    As it happened, our insurance hit a snafu and the amount given to us tonight EXACTLY covered the amount we were charged for the hearing aids.

    To all of the angels among us...we may never know your names but know that we are so very thankful, grateful, and humbled by the outpouring of generosity!

    The check has already been written and is ready to mail tomorrow, hearing aids paid off in full!

    I'm still crying happy tears that people would do this for Sydney.

    Thank you, thank you, thank you! Those words seem so very inadequate for expressing how we feel right now. May God bless each of you tenfold!

    and YOU...MISS ERIN...there are no words...HUGS from all of us! We love you! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James.

    Your time and effort towards this blog is appreciated more than you know.

    Thank you so much!

    Merry Christmas!!!!

    Karen, Mike and the girls

    ReplyDelete