Donate

The gift of sound.

You have either stumbled upon this page or come here from an invitation. Either way, we hope you will consider donating.

This page was set up by a few honest people trying to make a real change within their immediate community. Through this goal an opportunity arose to help a little girl purchase hearing aids.


Sydney's Story:
Sydney Horvath is a pretty typical 7 year old girl. But unlike most girls her age, Sydney is experiencing hearing degeneration. Unfortunately for the Horvath family, this isn't their first child with hearing problems. Their 4 year old daughter Kara also has profound hearing loss. Kara uses sign language as her primary means of communication, but she also uses hearing aids to help. Kara has a huge heart, displayed in her suggestion to let her sister Sydney use one of her hearing aids until her family is able to afford new ones. The Horvath's have a real need that is something we can fulfill easily if a couple hundred people are willing to sacrifice a small amount.

Where we come in:

Erin Kirk, a sign language interpreter, heard of Sydney's story and was moved to action. Erin has been seeking help in raising money for Sydney. $2,600 would purchase a pair of hearing aids for Sydney, and would allow Kara to use both her hearing aids as she needs.

This is where I came in. My name is James Conlin. I am simply a person who sees things in black and white, and saw an amazing opportunity to bless this young girl's life, by providing her the ability to hear. This is why I have set up this blog to raise the balance. We are currently seeking 260 people to donate $10 dollars each. Maybe you can give more, maybe you have less.

$10 dollars isn't much by most people's standards. Even mine, I spend nearly ten dollars on lunch almost everyday. So I have decided to pledge 1 work week's worth of lunches: $50 dollars. I will pack my lunch for the week of December 13th-17th, 2010. I hope you will consider partnering with me as we seek to give Sydney the gift of hearing by Christmas.

This isn't for a big national organization with overhead, this is for a little girl in your own community (if you live in Northwest Indiana) who has a legitimate need that could easily be met. Please consider giving the gift. 100% of the money raised goes directly to the Horvath Family.

Additional pictures of the Horvath Family:

Sydney and Her mom, Karen.


Karen and Mike Horvath, Sydney's Parents.


Sister's (L to R); Sydney (7), Riley (8), and Kara (4)

3 comments:

  1. Is there a way to update the total given?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, I am currently working on getting an automated tally, but currently we are at just under 400 dollars, this is just since we posted the site on Tuesday.-James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to everyone that has given so far! You guys are awesome! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete